University Liggett School seeks assistant coaches for the spring sports of track & field, softball, and tennis 01/19/2021
University Liggett School seeks assistant coaches for the spring sports of track & field, softball, and tennis.
The positions are for the spring sports season, which begins in mid-March 2021. Practices are on weekday afternoons with frequent Saturday competitions. These are part-time, seasonal positions.
The positions will be 10-12 hours of work per week from mid-March to early June. The salary is between $100 to $300 per week depending on experience.
The ideal candidates for these positions will demonstrate a passion for athletics and for working with adolescents. Attention to detail, a sense of humor, patience, flexibility, and excellent oral and written skills are a must.
At University Liggett School we take a whole school approach to athletics. Assistant coaches are seen as an integral part of the team and help develop and implement a sport-specific curriculum that is age and ability appropriate. Assistant coaches will work with the varsity head coach to institute a cohesive program.
Additional assistant coach expectations are as follows:
- Assistant coaches are expected to help plan and execute daily practices that appropriately challenge student-athletes to help them achieve their potential.
- Teach fundamentals, rules, techniques, and advanced strategies with a positive, energetic, and constructive approach.
- Coaches are expected to plan and foster the development of students as athletes and human beings.
- Assist the head coach to ensure administrative coaching duties are completed.
- Communicate often and consistently with players, parents and school administration.
- Be a positive role model.
To apply please email Director of Athletics Alan Parish at email@example.com. No phone calls, please.