WELCOME HOME, KNIGHTS!
The University Liggett School alumni website is your place to connect with classmates, learn about what's happening at school and in our community, and support the University Liggett School experience for current and future students.
This is your school and your community. We offer many ways to get and stay in touch with old friends, share your expertise, and tap into the incredible talent and energy that is the University Liggett School community.
We're glad you're here and welcome you to explore. If you don't find what you're looking for, have ideas about how to contribute or simply want to share a memory, please contact Director of Alumni Relations, Katie Durno at email@example.com.
Alumni Facts & Figures
- University Liggett School is the oldest independent school in Michigan
- We are comprised of four predecessor schools:
- The Liggett School, founded in 1878
- Detroit University School, founded in 1899
- Grosse Pointe Country Day School, founded in 1915
- Grosse Pointe University School, founded in 1954
- We have almost 4,600 active alumni in more than 21 countries around the world
- With more than 175 Knights in the state, New York has the highest number of alumni outside of Michigan
- Our alumni have won Pulitzer Prizes, Tony and Emmy Awards, and have medaled in the Olympics
- ULS graduates have won Fulbright and Rhodes Scholarships
- We currently have 17 faculty/staff emeritus
- Longest-serving teacher? Francis J McCann (47 years)
- Alumni are the largest donors to the Annual Fund
- We are called the Knights because DUS was once housed in a building known as “The Castle”
REcent School News
Upcoming Alumni and School Events
University Liggett School is accepting applications for the Liggett Merit Scholarship, a highly selective, merit-based scholarship for grades nine through 12. Eighth-graders who are interested in attending University Liggett School next year on a scholarship must submit application materials by January 17, 2020. Each year, the Liggett Merit Scholars program grants full-tuition and partial-tuition awards…