Congratulations to our 2019 Alumni Athletic Hall of Fame Inductees
On Friday, Sept. 27 we inducted Heidi Henkel McGarry ’82, JT Parks ’83, Christopher Ford ’96, Leython Williams ’03, and Jim Schmidt, faculty/coach emeritus (posthumous), into our Alumni Athletic Hall of Fame.
The ceremony was attended by more than 100 friends, family and former classmates of the Class of 2019. During the induction ceremony, the inductees recounted many funny, touching and fond memories of playing athletics during their Upper School years at University Liggett School.
During their time at University Liggett School:
- Henkel McGarry was a standout on the field hockey, lacrosse and track and field teams.
- Parks was a four-year varsity player in football, baseball and basketball.
- Ford was a three-year varsity athlete in soccer and a four-year varsity athlete in hockey and baseball, playing on championship teams in all three sports.
- Williams was a three-season, varsity athlete for all four years of high school - participating in football, basketball and track and field.
- Schmidt taught and coached at University Liggett School for 37 years, implementing many school traditions and activities that students still enjoy today. During his three decades as ULS, Schmidt coached middle school cheerleading, middle school girls basketball and middle school softball, high school junior varsity softball and varsity softball.
The Alumni Athletic Hall of Fame was created to honor and celebrate our many wonderful alumni athletes and the rich athletic history at University Liggett School. Our 2019 Alumni Athletic Hall of Fame inductees were reviewed and selected by our Alumni Athletic Hall of Fame Committee which is comprised of inductees, past and current coaches, our athletic department staff and our alumni relations director.
To nominate someone for our 2020 Alumni Athletic Hall of Fame please click here.
Follow us on Twitter !
Athletic Hall of Fame
Stay in touch
Have you moved recently? Changed your email address?